Terms & Conditions
“Agreement” means an agreement for the sale, installation and support of computer software and hardware consisting of these terms and conditions and the Schedules.
“Customer” the person who accepts a quotation of the Company for the sale of the Goods or whose order for the Goods is accepted by the Company.
“Goods” the goods (including any instalment of the goods or any parts for them) which the Company is to supply in accordance with these Conditions.
“the Company” United Labs Limited
“Conditions” the standard terms and conditions of sale set out in this document.
Usage of Website
The term ‘United Labs LTD’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is United Labs LTD, 46A Prince of Wales road, Norwich, Norfolk NR1 1LL. Our company registration number is 07666961. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors, and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Free delivery is offered on all orders over £150.00 (excluding VAT) to the UK only. For all orders below this amount, a fee of £5.95 (plus VAT) is charged during the checkout process.
Customers are required to check the products when they are delivered. Remove outer packaging, check there is not significant damage to the products and powered prodcuts such as EPoS terminals load up and function correctly. If you are unable to check the system for damage please tick “unchecked” on the delivery note. We are unable to accept returns of broken/damaged items where the customer has marked the good as checked and then subsequently makes a return based on damage. In the rare event of obvious damage to the packaging/products, please refuse delivery.
The delivery time shall not be the essence of the contract. Whilst United Labs shall use reasonable commercial endeavours to deliver the goods by the date specified on the customer’s order, it shall not be liable for the delay in delivery from any cause whatsoever and howsoever arising. Should expedite deliveries be required, then additional costs if applicable must be borne by the Customer unless otherwise agreed in writing by an authorized employee of United Labs.
You are covered by a 1-year return to base warranty on all hardware items from the date of delivery unless you have taken up the support package, where a ‘reverse it’ services for your hardware is in place.
Extended warranty for 3 years is available for an additional £299.00 per complete solution.
This warranty only covers the hardware of the product.
Exclusions from this Warranty
United Labs does not warrant uninterrupted or error free operation of this product. The warranty only covers technical hardware issues during the warranty period and under normal use conditions. The warranty does not apply to software issues and customer induced damages or circumstances, such as, but not limited to:
- The product has been tampered with, repaired and/or modified by non authorised personnel;
- The warranty seals have been broken or altered;
- Damage (accidental or other) to the product that is cosmetic, meaning damage that does not impact the operation and functioning of the product, such as without limitation to rust, change in colour, texture or finish, wear and tear, gradual deterioration;
- Damage to the product caused by war, terrorism, fire, accident, natural disasters, intentional or accidental misuse, abuse, neglect or improper maintenance, use under abnormal conditions, accidental drops, spills, or power surges:
- Damage to the solution caused by improper installation, connection or malfunction of a peripheral device such as a printer, optical drive, network card, or USB devices:
- Damage to the product caused by an external electrical fault or any accident
- Fraud, theft unexplained disappearance or wilful acts:
Returning the product to the United Labs repair centre during the Warranty period does not automatically mean that it will be repaired free of charge. Upon receiving your product, United Labs reserves the right to check the validity of your warranty and your request for warranty service. If the warranty period has lapsed, or any exclusions in the exclusions section, your request will be deemed out of warranty.
If your request is out of warranty, a service charge list with the cost of repair may be provided to you, which you may accept or reject. If you accept, then an invoice will be provided and will need to be paid before the work will be completed.
In the unlikely event the goods received are faulty upon arrival; we will offer a replacement or repair at our cost. In the event of a faulty item, a member of United Labs technical support team will arrange collection. In the event of a return, refunds, credit notes and exchanges can only be made to the card, account or business/person that made the order originally.
The Customer shall carry out regular back-ups to removable media stored separately from the supported items and carry out other normal system housekeeping routines. United Labs shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained or incurred by the Customer or any third party through loss or spoiling of data resulting from any maintenance activity by United Labs required or performed under this Agreement. United Labs will use reasonable endeavours to put right any such loss of data or programs, but reserves the right to charge for such.
The Customer remains totally responsible to have adequate virus protection to all parts of the system.
Keep the original packaging. In case the product needs to be returned for repair, original packaging may provide a better protection for the product during transportation.
Any additional software which is downloaded by the customer, which is not already preinstalled on your system, is done at the customer’s own risk. As any hardware corrupted by virus’s is not covered by your warranty.
Terms of Sale
The Company shall sell and the Customer shall purchase the Goods in accordance with any written quotation of the Company which is accepted by the Customer, or any written order of the Customer which is accepted by the Company, subject in either case to these Conditions, which shall govern the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions subject to which any such quotation is accepted or purported to be accepted, or any such order is made or purported to be made, by the Customer.
No variation to these Conditions shall be binding unless previously agreed in writing between the authorized representatives of each of the Customer and the Company.
Any advice or recommendation given by the Company or its employees or agents to the Customer or its employees or agents as to the storage, application or use of the Goods which is not confirmed in writing by the Company is followed or acted upon entirely at the Customer’s own risk, and accordingly the Company shall not be liable for any such advice or recommendation which is not so confirmed.
Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by the Company shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of the Company.
We do not offer any kind of compensation or reimbursement for loss of sales or business from manufacture, misuse or error from our software or equipment, nor do we offer re-numeration for time taken to set up the equipment or repair. It is also the customer responsibility to ensure a reliable internet connection is present to take advantage of the online features and benefits.
Epos System Rental
- On acceptance of order, a deposit of £400 per terminal plus VAT will be payable.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure the equipment is maintained and returned in the same condition as it was dispatched.
- Once the supplier has received the equipment, an authorised engineer will inspect the equipment.
Based on the report of the engineer a full refund of the deposit will be made less any adjustments.
- The hirer is at all times responsible for ensuring timely payments to avoid default charges.
- The hirer holds the supplier harmless against any defaults or claims arising out of use of the equipment.
- The equipment hire does not include any ongoing services or consumables, but are available on request.
Returns of equipment
Any goods from our store that have not been opened, modified or software activated/personalized can be returned within 14 days at the cost of the customer.
EPoS systems and software sales are excluded from the standard returns policy due to the considerable costs in configuration, personalization, training and dispatch.
Each EPoS system is subject to a £175 software activation fee per license to contribute to the above if returned.
The customer must also give us reasonable time and access to the system to diagnose and remedy any complaints; training needs or malfunctions before a return can be processed. We can only accept a return on equipment if the system is deemed ‘not fit for purpose’ and agreed by both parties. Due to the considerable costs and preparation work that is processed before a system is dispatched. We cannot process a return based on the following:
- Customer or staff training needs, not understanding or using the system properly
- Customer not properly researching or qualifying the purchase
- Functions that are not present or work differently than other products available in the market
- Compatibility with third party items/systems
- EPoS systems that has been dispatched, configured, personalised and delivered
- Customer shutting down the business / product surplus to requirements after delivery
- Orders that contain bespoke or custom equipment
- Operational problems that arise from a customers internet connection or other environment problems that are out of our control
We must diagnose the return request this by this following process.
1. Understand why the customer feels the product is ‘unfit for purpose’ attempt to reasonably resolve any issues when highlighted by the customer via remote desktop.
2. Attend the customer’s business premises if the situation cannot be resolved remotely to perform a site survey and on-site training or repair.
3. Once the issue is identified we must be given reasonable time to resolve the issue and assistance to do so. Monies paid to third parties for any modifications made to the software at the customer’s request shall also not be refunded.
The customer is responsible for the delivery of the goods to United Labs at customer expense, and only after the goods has been checked by an engineer of United Labs, will any payment be agreed upon and released. The goods must be received in original packaging as the goods were originally dispatched, otherwise a return cannot be processed.
If you decide to return the item(s), we require it to be returned to us in the original packaging, with all boxes, leads, discs, adaptors and manuals.
We will not accept returned items in the following cases.
- You have accidentally damaged the item after delivery
- Misused the item and damaged it
- Tried to open or tamper with the unit in some way
- You no longer require the equipment, and you have personalised it
- If the item is sold as faulty via our auctions/clearance
- The item is part of a custom or large order
- Item is not returned in its original packaging
- You have not paid the £175, software activation fee
- The goods are not in ‘as new’ condition.
Any equipment damaged may be charged at full cost.
Refunds may only be made after all endeavours have been made by United Labs to resolve the issue.
In the event of a return, refunds, credit notes and exchanges can only be made to the card account or business/person that made the order originally, these will be processed within 28 days of return.
For any payments made through a finance company, we would only be able to refund any amounts due via their instruction in writing.
Any amounts paid for onsite installations, product imports, support payments, postage, module integrations and repair and labour cost and non-refundable.
The license to use software granted hereunder becomes effective from the Delivery Date and includes the first year’s annual licence. Continuance of the license to use Software is dependent upon the Customer continuing to pay the Annual License Fee or the Support Package. The Annual Licence Fee is £175 + VAT per device, this covers the use of the software for a year, daily back up’s of your data and system updates and improvements. This payment(s) is/are due in 12 months from the registration of the software licence to cover the following 12-month period.
The Support Package covers the following years Annual Licence fee and gives the following extra benefits:
- Unlimited back up’s of your data,
- System updates and improvements,
- Full stock control module
- Upgrade from return to base to on-site warranty
- Unlimited training for the customer and staff
- full technical and full hardware support, from our customer service team and technicians at our dedicated UK contact centre.
The price for the Support Package is £25 + VAT per month for the first device, per location and £15 + VAT per month for all other subsequent devices, per location.
If the customer is paying monthly for the support and cancels this midterm then the account will be placed on hold and access to the platform restricted until the payments continue. If the customer wishes to change the terms from monthly to yearly they must inform us within 30 days prior to the annual renewal date.
If the customer wishes to cancel the support package and revert to paying the annual licence fee they must do so in writing, within 30 days prior of their renewal date.
Reverse it service
If the customer is paying for the support package they are entitled for a reverse it service as part of their warranty.
This means in the unfortunate event of any of the customers hardware becoming faulty, United Labs can arrange the faulty hardware to be swapped out within 48 hours of a working week. The goods provided will be either new or ‘as new’ and may be for a temporary period.
As once the item has been returned, United Labs reserve the right to rectify the fault and reissue the hardware back to the customer.
If it is deemed the fault is not hardware related when the item has been inspected by United Labs technicians, United Labs reserve the right to charge the customer for the item to either be repaired or replaced.
The ‘reverse it’ service is only valid for address inside the UK.
Any collection, of any goods made by United Labs’s designated courier service from the customer, is deemed to still be the customers responsibility in transit to United Labs. It is recommended that either the original packaging is used or the goods are securely packaged when being returned to United Labs. As any damage made will be charged accordingly to the customer.
Any collection made outside of a UK address may occur additional cost payable by the customer.
Installation and Setup
When a customer purchases a product from United Labs they understand that the price of the product includes the product itself and delivery. United Labs is happy to but not legally bound to provide remote technical support for 30 days following delivery. Unless the customer has subscribed to the United Labs support package.
In the case of Epos systems, United Labs will setup the system for the customer to a basic configuration and then ship the system to the client.
This setup does not include,
- Entering products
- Entering prices
- Setting up advanced configurations or integration
- Importing products
- On-site support
- Out of hours support
- All of the above services are available at an additional cost.
Training and Support
Full training is provided on the United Labs software and is limited to 10 hours (to prevent abuse) and to one member of staff/contact per system unless agreed beforehand. Free support is given during the first 30 days after delivery unless signed up to the complete United Labs support package, where training will be provided when needed.
The information on the United Labs website such as descriptions, specifications, prices and general content is for information and sales purposes only. United Labs Ltd endeavours to ensure that this information is accurate and up to date, however makes no warranty or representation, implied or explicit, by either United Labs Ltd, its employees or officers with the regard to its accuracy or completeness.
No responsibility or liability is accepted or offered for misstatements, omissions or errors and no reliance should be placed on the information contained on the www.fast-shop.co.uk website. The information does not constitute an invitation to sell or purchase, and any financial information is not offered as financial advice. Epos Now Ltd disclaims liability for any losses caused, arising from reliance on the information.